Refresh, Refurbish, Renew, ReDesign or ReDecorate - Welcome to the Talk I Walk!



Always remember the five "R's": Refresh, Refurbish, Renew, ReDesign or ReDecorate.

They range from using only what you already have, to changing or replacing flooring, lights, paint, counters, back splash or refinishing stairs. Refurbishing and Reusing by recovering furniture, and then mixing current pieces with new finds can all add up to a brand new space!

I enjoy the process and the challenges of solving the problems but the real reward for me is creating a space the client loves to come home to.

Bev
www.roomforchangedecor.com

780 469-2718

Saturday, October 27, 2012

FIREFLY TEA, FROGMORE STEW AND FALSE DOORS

Can you guess where I have just returned from my latest adventure by reading the title of this post? If you have guessed CHARLESTON, SOUTH CAROLINA, then you, too, may have ventured down the United States eastern seaboard into Confederate history. You might have stayed in a historical Antebellum home, sipped firefly tea with bourbon from a sterling silver goblet, walked under a 400 year old Live Oak Tree dripping with Spanish Moss, and that Bacon drippings and Pork Belly are a vital ingredient to many regional dishes!

What I love about travel is finding how a regional culture and tradition evolves. We know it comes on the backs of explorers, settlers and combined flavors of many other cultures, and especially defines our North American history. Travel changes us, it expanses our thoughts and mellows our thinking and evaporates our assumptions. It speaks to my poetic heart and always reminds me how I enjoy learning through my visual sensitivities. I am connected to the people's history from whom I am hearing the stories. 

I love the words "lets go and explore".

Here are some snaps with my iphone that represents a small glimpse of what was happening around me. 

In my next blog post I will share what I found in my ANTIQUING UNTIL YOU DROP DAY with a local Charlestonian who led me and my girlfriend on a antique treasure hunt day! 

I hope this inspires you to explore. I always come away richer, in mind and spirit!

Feeling the breeze on the Piazza (Veranda).

Southern hospitality might involve a glass of Firefly Bourbon Tea!

Yes, you are seeing Bacon inserts - in this pecan pie!

Steps to the False Door leading to the main floor Piazza!

Frogmore Stew - Sea Breezes, a glass of wine and fresh shrimp..yummmm!

Live Oak Trees dripping with Spanish Moss

Live Oak Lane leading to Poon Hall Plantation

Antebellum Home where we stayed dating back to the 1700"s




No comments:

Post a Comment