Refresh, Refurbish, Renew, ReDesign or ReDecorate - Welcome to the Talk I Walk!



Always remember the five "R's": Refresh, Refurbish, Renew, ReDesign or ReDecorate.

They range from using only what you already have, to changing or replacing flooring, lights, paint, counters, back splash or refinishing stairs. Refurbishing and Reusing by recovering furniture, and then mixing current pieces with new finds can all add up to a brand new space!

I enjoy the process and the challenges of solving the problems but the real reward for me is creating a space the client loves to come home to.

Bev
www.roomforchangedecor.com

780 469-2718

Saturday, October 27, 2012

INTERIORS STEEPED IN TRADITION AND STYLE

 You cannot mistake the steeped Traditional style inside the historical Georgian Homes of Charleston, South Carolina.  Signs that tradition runs deep and style is secure shows in their symmetrical mantel placements, the Silver Tea Service on the buffet, the Chintz fabrics covering the windows.  Inside and out, these beautifully preserved historical homes have much in common such as the grand curved  stairs and banisters, beautiful original tile inlays and classic marble flooring.

This was all candy to my eyes. I loved discovering the beautifully rich details that in the decorating and design world are referred to as classic. The hardwood, marble and architectural detailing such as ceiling medalions above the chandeliers and the classical egg and dart design used in the molding details were all brought from Europe by the wealthy merchants when they landed on the eastern seaboard of the "old south". 

Today, all design and decor influences from Europe that gives our homes a sense of timelessness comes from style that has lasted the test of time. 

Below are a few photos that I captured that transcended traditional detailing into art and one of a kind.

Because I love decor details and love to add these elements of surprise to the rooms I put together for my clients, I believe it always adds a unique feeling that can bring a personal story to life!

Here's to Happy decorating and finding your own sense of style.

Do not feel stuck, call me if you require advise, or help in pulling together your own spaces. 
You can reach me at ROOM FOR CHANGE DECOR INC. 780 469-2718.

Sterling Silver is a sign of wealth and still sits proudly as it is passed from one generation to the next

Magnolia Leaves from the indigineous trees


This piece was handmade in Charleston and handed down through three generations

I love the colours of the bird feathers








The hall passage was used as a library

It is said that the thirteen panes represent the original thirteen colonies

Adding a sentimental object from your families history bring life to a room

Symmetry is very indicative to Traditional Style









Wood inlay in the basket weave pattern - Wentworth Mansion

original tile entrance pattern - Wentworth Mansion





Georgian Style architecture with added veranda's facing the river to catch the breeze
Look for my latest space I helped transform in my next blog post...........

No comments:

Post a Comment